Route 231, Telegraph Road, St. Louis County, Missouri
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) is proposing the following improvements along Route 231, Telegraph Road, in South St. Louis County, Missouri. Five lanes (two in each direction with a center turn lane) between Franru Lane and Kingston Drive with a buffered bike lane.
- Three lanes (one in each direction with a center turn lane) between Kingston Drive and Ripa Avenue, with a buffered bike lane.
- Two lanes (one in each direction) between Ripa Avenue and Hoffmeister Avenue, with the roadway signed for bicyclists and motorists to “Share the Road.”
- Three lanes (one in each direction with a center turn lane) between Hoffmeister Avenue and St. Louis City limits with a buffered bike lane.
There was a public meeting on Tuesday, November 14 and after the public meeting, the conceptual design may be adjusted based on comments from the public. At that time, the department will start working with property owners along the corridor to discuss any needed easements or property.
Construction is estimated to begin in 2026.
For more information.
Link to "more information" pages on our website:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Missouri Eminent Domain Laws
- <a href="https://www.yourlandlawyer.com/Eminent-Domain-Information/Utilities-Electric-Transmission-Line-Issues.html"
- Highways and Roads </ul>
What Are My Rights?
Many property owners do not realize they have a right to compensation for transmission line easements. If even a portion of their property needs to be used by Grain Belt Express, owners are entitled under the Constitution to receive just compensation.
Just compensation includes not only the value of the property lost to electric utilities, but also damage done to the remaining property. Property owners should consult an attorney before signing any documents effecting their property. Attorneys at Denlow & Henry provide an initial consultation at no charge to a property owner.
Receive Updates on this Topic
As a service to property owners we have developed a list of topics and projects relating to eminent domain and condemnation. If you would like more information on this topic or project, or have another issue that you would like to discuss with us, please use this form. If a project is not listed, contact us.