Metrolink Expansion, St Louis, North St. Louis County, Missouri
Bistate is planning an expansion of Metrolink from south St. Louis to the city’s north side and the cost is estimated at about $1.1 billion.
The 5.6 mile route would run along Jefferson Avenue from Chippewa Street to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency facility under construction northwest of downtown. It would then go west along Natural Bridge Avenue to North Grand Boulevard. The proposed northside-southside line would connect with a further extension into north St. Louis County.
Each route would begin at Natural Bridge Avenue and North Grand Boulevard, the terminus of a planned route that would go to the new National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency headquarters northwest of downtown.
Three of them would end at the North County Transit Center on Pershall Road in Ferguson, just south of Interstate 270, where several Metro bus lines stop.
The four proposed alternatives would lay tracks:
- West along Natural Bridge and north on Goodfellow Boulevard, then northwest on West Florissant Avenue to the transit center.
- West on Natural Bridge, then north on Jennings Station and Halls Ferry roads to the transit center.
- Natural Bridge to Lucas and Hunt Road to Halls Ferry to the center.
- Along Natural Bridge farther west than the other three, turning north at Florissant Road near the University of Missouri-St. Louis and ending at Hereford Avenue in Ferguson. Hereford becomes Chambers Road farther east. This route would allow riders to transfer to an existing MetroLink line at the UMSL North station.
The city line is expected to run on tracks in or along major streets, in contrast to existing MetroLink routes that mostly operate on separate alignments.
East-West Gateway, which oversees federally funded projects in the metro area, in 2018 had previously endorsed a somewhat different version of the city extension.
For More Information:
Link to "more information" pages on our website:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Missouri Eminent Domain Laws <l/li><l<a href="https://www.yourlandlawyer.com/Eminent-Domain-Informationa></li>
- <a href="https://www.yourlandlawyer.com/Eminent-Domain-Information</a>
- Highways and Roads
Receive Updates on this Topic
As a service to property owners we have developed a list of topics and projects relating to eminent domain and condemnation. If you would like more information on this topic or project, or have another issue that you would like to discuss with us, please use this form. If a project is not listed, contact us.